Wednesday, September 13, 2006

THE SLC IS NOT A PLACE FOR YOU TO GIGGLE LIKE A LITTLE GIRL

I mean, I get it. You are a freshman, you are excited about the possibility of meeting new people and you are just generally enthralled with the whole college experience. So, I will just go ahead and chalk it up as a general freshman mistake.

But, as a friend; well, maybe as an advisor, let me just toss this little nugget your way. Nobody; and, I mean NOBODY, likes it when you and your three friends come into the SLC and do nothing but giggle and gossip while you just stand next to some machine and pretend to be "working out."

Hey. I understand. I was in high school once as well. Back then, it might have been cool for girls to just stand around and "get noticed." But, let me tell you, since you are now at a level of higher education, standing around gossiping and giggling does not make you look cool, it just makes you look like a freaking, lazy bimbo.

It's also extremely annoying. I mean, people are trying to get things accomplished in the SLC. You and your friends, on the other hand, are just taking up space and turning the volume up a notch with your incessant giggling and maddening laughter. It’s really quite annoying.

The only thing that needs to be “turned up a notch” is your “workout.” Your attempt at one, five-pound curl at the biceps machine before you let your friend have a crack at it is in no way, shape or form a “workout.” In fact, it more or less points to the fact that you are just there to take a look around at others. When you sit back and think about it, you just come across as kind of creepy.

I mean, people notice you; but, by no means, in a good way.

No need to get mad at me, I am just trying to spread a little truth your way. I want you to get ahead of the game as you start your first semester. Sure, you want to check out the other freshman at the SLC; you know, take a look at some of your options. But, you need to realize the only thing guys in college notice when you do nothing but giggle and talk at the SLC is that you are an airhead.

Sorry; but, it's just the truth. If you don't trust me, just ask any of the guys or other girls around you, they will be the ones using the machines for their, you know, actual benefit.

As always, like, good talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home