Friday, July 14, 2006

MY REAL TAKE ON THAT STUPID HORSE

I have gotten some harsh reaction to my posting of a bottle of glue due to hearing Barbaro's chances of survival are "poor." So, I feel the need to clear things up and get some things off of my chest.

Do I want Barbaro to die? Of course not. Do I want to hear anymore about the horse? Absolutely not. I guess that is my point. It's a freaking horse, people. This silly horse is taking up valuable time on the airwaves and he is the lead headline on ESPN.com every stinking day. When was the last time anyone has ever heard of "breaking news" in regards to an animal? Every news station on the planet is breaking in with minute-by-minute coverage of this horse's condition.

Can we not all agree there are more important things going on in the world? Does the horse's survival mean society as a whole will be a whole lot better? This horse will never race again; so, therefore, why is it even a story?

The whole thing has gotten out of control. His survival benefits two things. The horse, since he gets to live; and, the people who own him, since they get to make millions off him once they turn him into the Colin Farrell of the horsing industry.

So, in closing, just go away Barbaro. I hope you live. I just hope I do not have to read about it anymore. When you stud some horse named ICouldHaveBeenGlue in the Kentucky Derby three years from now, then maybe I will think back to the time you were near death. I will think back and I will be thankful you survived in order that I can place a two dollar wager to win $20 on his 10-1 odds to follow in the footsteps of his father. I will also parlay him with another horse, possibly even one of your own, in hopes of a better payout for my meager investment.

Until then; however, as Stephen Colbert would say... You're dead to me. Best of luck Barbaro. Get well and just leave me alone. Thank you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home