Wednesday, June 28, 2006

THE KANSAS CITY ROYALS 40-MAN ROSTER NEEDS TO BE TRIMMED A BIT

Yes. I am a Kansas City Royals fan. Got a problem with that?

Needless to say, despite winning 8-of-10 and pretty much owning the National League, I believe the dismissal of a few players can improve the Royals chances of reaching the ultimate goal of 63 wins in a season.

If I was consulted by the Royals' brass as to whom I would immediately cut from the team, sending the castaways to some Mexican winter league, I would submit the following names for nomination:

Jeremy Affeldt
Denny Bautista
Chris Booker
Ambiorix Burgos
Juan Cedeno
Elmer Dessens
Brandon Duckworth
Scott Elarton
Jimmy Gobble
Zack Greinke
Runelvys Hernandez
Bobby Keppel
Mike MacDougal
Bobby Madritsch
Joe Nelson
Leo Nunez
Joel Peralta
Mark Redman
Andrew Sisco
Steve Stemle
Todd Wellemeyer
Mike Wood
Paul Bako
John Buck
Paul Phillips
Angel Berroa
Andres Blanco
Esteban German
Ruben Gotay
Tony Graffanino
Mark Grudzielanek
Justin Huber
Doug Mientkiewicz
Donnie Murphy
Angel Sanchez
Mark Teahen
Emil Brown
Shane Costa
David DeJesus
Joey Gathright
Aaron Guiel
Reggie Sanders
Matt Stairs
Mike Sweeney

Yes, this is the entire team; and, yes, being a Royals fan sucks as much as one would think it would.

Please, somebody put me out of my misery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home