Tuesday, June 20, 2006

THE BIRTH OF THE WACO CHRONICLES

A preface to this post: Most posts on this blog probably will not be this long. But, since it's the first, I feel as though I need to cover the basics:

So, I have lived in Waco, Texas, for the past two-and-a-half years. As a single, 30-year old professional who has seen his fair share over the past 30 months in this central Texas town, I have decided it's time to start writing about my adventures in the big city. Actually, probably a better way to describe it would be I have decided to create a public forum to share my views about what I see in this town as my friends and I tackle the social scene.

Now, the breaking point for when I decided to start this little adventure was last Friday. As a group of us were out on the town, I noticed two guys (who must have been at least 23) wearing headbands. That's right, I said headbands. I have no idea whether it was as part of some sort of joke; but, after watching the two for awhile it looked more as if the two were making some sort of fashion decision. Now, far be it from me to criticize what people wear; but, wearing headbands was an error that was most egregious in nature. They might as well have just rolled up their jeans, locked the doors and start blaring Huey Lewis and the News over the loud-speakers just to complete the effect. These fools needed to be called out for the morons they were. And, if I had a camera and a blog, well, I could have done so. Well, I just bought a camera; and, as one can tell, I now have a blog.


Now, the blog isn't going to be just about calling out those foolish enough to wear headbands in public, it's mostly going to be about my experiences in this city. For instance, if I had started this blog the day I arrived, the following, entertaining stories/quotes could have been chronicled:

1. "I have noticed you out before and I have always wanted to talk with you. Now, before we start, I have to ask you one question: Do you like chicks who dig guns." - Girl to me at local establishment. A comment I attributed as some sort of joke before her 20-minute conversation to a friend of mine about guns.

2. Super Bowl XXXIX - Those who were there only wish there was an on-line account of the stupidity that took place.

3. The friend who went out on a couple of dates with a girl who would regularly wear an AC/DC t-shirt, cut-off jeans and would be incapable of walking from point A to point B without smoking a cigarette in between.

4. The hilarity that is student interns.

5. Waco stalkers/stalkees - A comprehensive look into the lives of those who go well-beyond the call of duty when trying to impress the opposite sex and those who have to deal with them.

At any rate, the list goes on and on; and, as one might imagine, I feel as though I have some interesting stories and insight to share. Of course, the blog will not be limited to just the confines of my experiences; but, just some general thoughts on sports (it's the industry I work in after all), society and other general crud.

Regardless of what I write on here, though, I can assure the primary reason I am doing so is that I am bored. Freakishly bored. It's the summer so work is slow; and, to be honest, there isn't a whole hell of a lot to do in this town. But, you will probably learn that as we go along.

Then again, there's a 99 percent chance any reader of this forum could give a hoot what I have to say. However, if one is trying to determining whether or not what I have to say will be funny/entertaining, please refer to this post and this post. After reading them, one will probably think one of two things: hey, this guy might have something to say; or, please, somebody give me the last 15 minutes back and I hope this clown never writes again.

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home