Wednesday, June 21, 2006

THE WACO KARMA GODS DID NOT TAKE KINDLY TO THE RULES OF YOUR CONTEST, MARK CUBAN

As I start my day on Tuesday, I was excited to read a piece in the Dallas Morning News about the fact Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks and strong supporter of Mickey Mouse, was giving away 500 pairs of tickets to game seven of the NBA Finals.

Excited about the prospect of winning said tickets in order that I could use them to possibly impress some girl, to have them in order to have the rare opportunity of attending a finals game; or, most likely, hawk them in order to turn a nice profit, I immediately found myself at www.mavs.com in order to register for the contest.


Well, my registration was rejected. Why, because a person had to live within 75 miles of the American Airlines Center. Waco, Texas, is located exactly 98 miles from the American Airlines Center.

75 miles?!?!?! Seems like an odd number to me. Obviously, Mr. Cuban did not want people who lived in Waco to attend the most historic game in franchise history. I think it's pretty clear if I won I would have easily been able to make the long trek up to Dallas. The rules of the contest were obviously a deliberate attempt to shut out the central Texas town from attending.


Well, Mr. Cuban, your plan backfired, didn't it. Sure you could blame the fact Marquis Daniels had to play significant minutes, that Dirk Nowitzki played like David Hasslehoff or the fact Dwyane Wade basically made your team look like a bunch of little leaguers; however, I think we all know the game six loss was the Waco Karma God's way of sending you a message.


So, the next time you run a contest for free tickets, make sure you make everyone within a 100-mile radius eligible. Otherwise, this might happen to you again.

Oh, and one final thought. With the loss and Dallas' inability to extend the series, I am forced to start following this junk again. Needless to say, I am not too happy about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home