Tuesday, June 20, 2006

HERE'S TO YOU...

As I was driving into work today in the wonderful city of Waco, I had the pleasure of driving past not one, not two; but, THREE girls who were smoking as they were walking. Now, I have always liked those Bud Light commercials one would hear on the radio with the "here's to you" theme. Like, the "Here's to you, Mr. Foam Finger Maker!" commercial. Always thought they were funny, clever, etc. Well, here's to you Miss Walking Smoker Girl:

"Here's to you, Miss Walking Smoker Girl! While most of us just get from point A to B without nurturing one of our vices, you blaze from point to point while puffing on a blazing wrapper filled with nicotine goodness. While leaving a trail of ashes behind you, you delight those around with the musky smell of tar and nicotine, twinkling our senses as we dodge the fumes left in your wake. Without you Miss Walking Smoker Girl, the cracks of sidewalks would be nothing but a place for where the weeds can grow. But, with you, they now house the butts that once contained the craving you so desired. So, raise your glasses high, cause this Bud is for you, Miss Walking Smoker Girl!"

I think the whole commercial would be much more effective with the back-up singers saying things like "blazing wrapper of nicotine goodness" and "only where the weeds grow" like in the original commercials; but, one gets the idea.

As you can tell, I'm not a fan of the walking smoker. If you happen to be a walking smoker, well, my apologies, I really will not hold it against you. After all, the next one is on me!

On a side note, I think it's pretty clear why I didn't get that job at the advertising agency I applied at a few years back. Jerks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home