Tuesday, August 29, 2006

THE OFFICIAL DONNA COUNT - UPDATE

For those who do not know, I have this secretary who has turned missing days of work into an art form. Her powers to avoid a day of work here and there is downright awe-inspiring. It's something that should be encouraged and celebrated. So, here it is, the official Donna count. Check back often for updates.

Days of work missed since June 21, 2006: 5

Latest "reason" for missing work: Once again, the dentist strikes. Originally, Donna wanted to skip the entire day to go to the dentist. However, seeing as an entire day for a dentist appointment may be on the excessive side, the boss did not take too kindly to her original request. Instead, it was simply just a half day away from the office.

Unfortunately for me, her absence was noticed. Usually, I don't care. I just shake my head, say whatever, and move on forward. On this day; however, I needed our fearless secretary. Maybe two times a year, I have to send something via Fed Ex. It is the only two times a year I ask Donna to do something for me. Needless to say, I was not happy. Fortunately for me; however, I was able to conquer the Fed Ex process and send my high priority package on its way.

Disaster averted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home